Lectures will take place in the lecture hall of Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA) at Campus Vienna Biocenter, Dr. Bohrgasse 3, 1030 Vienna.
The Campus Vienna Biocenter is Austria's largest life-sciencies park, which encompasses Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP), Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA), Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology (GMI) and the Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL) of the University of Vienna and of Medical University.
IMBA is located in the 3rd district (3. Bezirk) of Vienna. Detailed directions can be found here
Public Transport Stations close to the MFPL/IMBA:
• Railway: S7 St. Marx (100m away)
• Tram: 71, 18 St. Marx (right in front)
• Bus: 74A St. Marx (right in front)
• Underground: U3 Schlachthausgasse (additional 7 min walk or three stations with tram 18)
From the Vienna International Airport Wien Schwechat:
• Railway S7 directly to St. Marx/Vienna Biocenter
• City Airport Train (CAT) to “Wien Mitte”, additionally bus 74A to St.Marx
• Vienna Airport Shuttle Bus to the train station “Südbahnhof”, additionally tram 18 to St. Marx
• Car: motorway A4, Exit Knoten Prater
From the train stations:
• Südbahnhof: tram 18 to St.Marx
• Westbahnhof: tram 18 to St.Marx
• Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof: U4 to Landstraße - Wien Mitte, additionally railway S7 or bus 74A to St.Marx
Arriving by Car:
A4: Exit Knoten Prater
A23: Exit Erdberg
The IMBA lecture hall is located in a short-term parking area. Monday to Friday, from 9am to 10pm a parking fee has to be paid and parking is limited to a maximum duration of two hours. Prepaid parking vouchers can be bought from tobacconists or gas stations. Parking space is very limited in this area, therefore we do not recommend to come with your own car.